Over breakfast, mommy asked me what I intend to cook for today. I actually do not have any plan because a) I really need to do the finishing touches of my thesis and b) I have to read a Psychology Journal and make a critique paper about it, but then I felt like the kitchen was calling me and telling me that we have all the ingredients for chicken macaroni salad; so there goes my school requirements and here comes my dish. Haha!
- 1/2 kilo of elbow macaroni
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 can of pineapple chunks (drained)
- 1 small carrot (finely chopped)
- 6 pcs. cooked ham
- grapes (optional)
- cheese (cubed)
- onions (minced)
Procedures for the pasta:
- Boil water, add a little bit of oil to prevent the macaroni from sticking ; also add a generous amount of salt because you want your pasta to be tasty, yes?
- Pour the macorini, let it cook for 10-12 minutes.
- Drain the macaroni. Let cold water run through it.
- Put it in a bowl. Set aside.
For the chicken:
- Of course you have to clean it first! :P
- Put it in a pot with water, season it with salt, pepper, and the ever trusted Magic Sarap! Lels!
- Let it boil for about 15 minutes.
- When it is cold already, then it's time for you to shred it. Set aside.
For the main event:
- Mix the mayo with your macaroni, make sure that it is evenly coated.
- Add the shredded chicken, carrots, onions, pineapple, ham, and cheese.
- Add salt, sugar, and pepper to taste.
- Since my mom loves grapes, we opted to add it on the side and topped it with more ham and cheese. :)
P.S. Yup, I also made some bread rolls, you can add various fillings to it, this time I used hotdogs. :) Recipe is here. :)