- been eating chicharon and rice for brunch for 4 days now
- hey, u judging me, guuurrrlll?
- i still can't believe that our tiny barangay is submerged in water yet again
- including our house
- and I am missing my room already
- came early to school
- decorated the Christmas tree at the Guidance office
- just because!
- and then someone must have that innate thing to rain on someone's parade
- said my piece for the first time (and hopefully that would be the last)
- felt better after that
- surprisingly, it looks good, yeah, the Christmas tree!
- oh, ze decorating skills? I got it from my momma
- we were dismissed right away
- but it's all good
- had a meeting for our Group Dynamics
- went to DSWD for our internship next semester
- went grocery shopping with friends for the prizes for tomorrow's games
- ate at Mcdo
- saw my favorite crew who is all so sunshiny despite the rainy, gloomy weather
- told mommy about what happened to my day
- made the finishing touches for my typescript, Psychoeducational Assessment, and Individualized Educational Plan
- remembered something and felt hurt again
- been singing Riri's Diamonds
- so i decided to slide down the stairs and have my right foot swollen
- also my right shoulder hurts so badly
- and my balakang, too
- saw One More Chance on Cinema One
- realized that JLC's gwapong-gwapong iyak will be forever relevant
- watched Got to Believe because it gives me the happies
- you judging me again?
- Mommy told Carl that he has to give up MingMing (the stray cat that we had adopted) because she's starting to be all over the place already
- of course he cried!
- and then it melted Mommy's heart
- so we're keeping her! :)
- I think I need some rest, call time tomorrow is 10:30AM
- and by rest, I mean to continue reading Rainbow Rowell's Attachments
Thursday, September 26, 2013
Thursday, September 12, 2013
It’s been a while since my last TILT entry and I am just purdy excited to show you what I had put together for today.
- Up Dharma Down’s Capacities Album - I can listen to it all day, goes well with fairy lights, hihi.
- Garden Wall - It would be so nice to have this in our pocket garden. I am looking forward to work on this project after college, lels!
- Mix and Match Dining Chairs - Very Pinterst-y, I know right?
- Stone Art - Dear Stones, we shall find you soon and turn you into Art~ Love, The DIY Team
- Succulents - I had read somewhere that all cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are cacti. Nevertheless, I still want to have these in the garden. Yes, I had been looking at garden photos for future references and inspiration~ JUST BECAUSE.
I know you feel bad about what had happened, you feel like your efforts were not acknowledged, that you were robbed of something that you deserved, but hey, it has never been about you, what you did, nor what you had accomplished; it has always been about what Christ has done for you. You can rant all you want or just keep mum about it and leave it up to God, but I am confident that you will choose the latter. This "thing" will not get the best of you because you know what? You have a God who is fair, a God who saw all the heart that you had given to be able to honor Him and give Him praise, and I think it is more than enough. Don't be sad. I know it still hurts, I just want to remind you that nothing in this earth will ever define your identity but in Christ alone.
Do not be discouraged. God is your refuge. He will see you through.
Your Sensible Self
Tuesday, September 10, 2013
Hi reader! So, I have been listening to this playlist since last night and I might as well share it to you because why not? It's a compilation of heartfelt songs that makes me smile whenever I hear it, yes, I can really be that weird. :)
- Arthur's Theme - Christopher Cross
- Friends - Mike Francis
- I Will (Take You Forever) - Christopher Cross
- Is There Something - Christopher Cross
- Let Me In - Mike Francis
- Make You Feel My Love - Bob Dylan
- Never Be The Same - Christopher Cross
- Never Gonna Let You Go - Sergio Mendes
- If I Believed - Patti Austin
- In My Life - Patti Austin
- Rainbow's End - Sergio Mendes
- Sailing - Christopher Cross
- Swept Away - Christopher Cross
- Take This Love - Sergio Mendes
- What Do We Mean To Each Other - Sergio Mendes
Monday, September 09, 2013
8 pieces of Chinese tofu (sliced into cubes)
1 red bell pepper
1 green bell pepper
1 medium bottle of mayonnaise
4 tbsps of oyster sauce
1 red chili
- Heat oil in a deep fan.
- Fry the tofu until golden brown. Drain in paper towels.
- In a bowl, mix the mayo, oyster sauce, sugar, and pepper. Add water until desired thickness is achieved. You may adjust the taste accordingly.
- Heat the mayo mixture, add the bell peppers. Keep stirring.
- In a different pan, saute garlic and onions, add the fried tofu and then the mayo sauce.
- Top it with the sliced green and red chili.
Hullo reader! It's been four months since I last posted here and I am back with a simple pasta dish that you can cook ala Jamie Oliver's 15 minute meal. :)
1 big and 1 small can of Century tuna (drained)
1/2 kilo of spaghetti noodles
1 big can of Nestle cream
1 big can of evaporated milk
1 small can of sliced mushroom (drained)
1 onion (minced)
2 slices of Anchor pasteurized cheese
For the noodles:
- Boil water, add a pinch of salt and a teaspoon of oil.
- Add the noodles, cook for about 10-12 minutes, you want it al dente, yes?
For the sauce:
- Saute the onions in 1 tablespoons of cooking oil,
- Add the mushroom. Keep sauteing.
- Add the tuna. Keep on sauteing.
- Pour the milk.
- Pour the Nestle Cream. Mix, mix, mix! ;)
- Add some salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the 2 slices of cheese and let it melt. You want it creamy, yes?
- Let it simmer for 5 minutes.
Thursday, April 25, 2013
It's almost merienda time and I wandered around the kitchen and looked for available ingredients which I can turn into a hearty (or NOT) meal. Hi, I am Charmaine and this was my attempt to cook macaroni and cheese, which turned out to be yummy (according to my son), hihi. ^_^
400 grams of elbow macaroni
1 small evaporated milk
1 large bottle of chezz whiz
- Set a large pot of water and let it boil; add a pinch of salt and a teaspoon of oil
- Fry the bacon bits. Set aside.
- Add the pasta, cook for about 10-12 minutes, you want it al dente, yes?
- Mix the cheez whiz and the evaporated milk in a pan, season it with salt and pepper. Low fire.
- Toss in the macaroni. Mix it for 2 minutes, let it simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Top it with bacon.
- Happy eating! :)
Friday, April 19, 2013
Wednesday, April 17, 2013
Wednesday, April 10, 2013
half kilo of chicken wings
Mama Sita teriyaki sauce
- Season your chicken with salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken pieces in a large resealable plastic food storage bag with flour, close it tightly, shake it until the chicken is coated completely.
- Let the coated chicken rest for about five minutes before frying.
- Let it cool for 3 minutes.
for the teriyaki coating:
- Dilute cornstarch with cold water, keep stirring until it is already smooth.
- On a pan, mix the teriyaki sauce with the cornstarch mixture.
- Mix until it thickens.
for the main event:
- Toss your chicken into the teriyaki sauce.
- Serve it with garlic mayo dip. :)
Here's a fun way to eat your pasta, and surely, your kids will love it and will also keep them wondering how in the world you did it, hahaha!
bite-sized hot dogs
1 teaspoon of cooking oil
- Set a large pot of water and let it boil; add a pinch of salt and a teaspoon of oil.
- Thread about 4 strands of spaghetti into each slice of hot dog.
- Throw it into a pot of boiling water.
- Cook until pasta is al dente.
You can serve it with your favorite red sauce or cheese sauce. Happy eating! :)
Hi reader! I really do not know where to start; I do not even know where this post is going. But hey, I am trying to write something blogworthy (and if I fail to do so, please bear with me). What I miss the most about writing is the joy that I get whenever I can express my thoughts freely. It’s like talking to your crush and feeling all giddy without stuttering, K, I kid. Seriously, I miss doing a lot of things, to name a few, I miss taking pictures and cooking and reading books and doing movie marathons. I must admit, I fail at some points on my do-what-you-love list. Sad it may seem, I think I had lost it! I had lost the inspiration, or let me put it this way, maybe I am just too lazy to squeeze in those activities in my "schedule", but this doesn't mean that I had been idle for the past months, in fact, I am quite busy with my internship at the guidance office, some church activities, and various artsy-fartsy projects, not to mention how I struggle a lot to get past a level on Candy Crush Saga. Every. Single. Day. Meh!
Hi, I am Charmaine, this is my nth attempt to revive this blog. Hopefully, I can write as regularly as possible and share with you my adventures as a mommy and as a college student and above else, talk about what Jesus has been doing in my life. :)
Monday, March 18, 2013
Thursday, March 14, 2013
Thursday, March 07, 2013
Wednesday, February 20, 2013
Hi reader! It's the finals month already and yes, my thesis and all the other things in between are taking so much of my time that I don't get to at least write something about my so wonderful life, haha! Hai Pamey, I am back! :))
The end of January was pretty tough and stressful. Carlo was confined due to some infection.
I took refuge on this:
May your unfailing love be my comfort, according to your promise to your servant.
And of course, God remained faithful, after 4 days, he was discharged! :)
2 days before my final defense came this unexpected problem on my manuscript, I must admit, I got really devastated and was pretty emotional about it. Loved ones and friends from church prayed for me. You see how blessed I am to have all these people in my life? God reminded me in this time of trial to cast my cares unto Him and He will sustain me (Psalms 55:22); and because God is able, he renewed my strength and made the impossible, possible! :D
It is a delight to see it that I am almost halfway done with my inspirational photo wall project.
Our home has been pretty quiet since the passing of my lola last January and I am just glad that my cousin, Arianne (though she could be really loud and annoying at times, but yeah, still fun to be with) is staying with us for the meantime.
This is an appreciation photo because Jollibee's tuna pie is baaaccckkk and I hope it stays for good because it's just so gooey and so yummy!!!
Made these goodies for my friends. I pat myself for this cute idea, hihi. :)
Oh, you can print free labels here.
Macaroons for the hearts day~
Inspiring young women at church. ♥♥♥
"God wants us to experience a secure, lasting, and fulfilling relationship. " -Pastor Adrian
I am excited!
I bought this book 13 months ago due to impulse only, but last Sunday, I felt like it was already time for me to read it. I am learning a lot from Mr. Harris, here's one of my favorite lines from the book:
God wants us to appreciate the gifts of the present season of our lives. He wants us to learn the patience and trust necessary to wait for His perfect timing in all things, including our love lives.
These Mexican treats are the easiest to prepare, I miss cooking a lot alreadyyy!!!
I was cleaning this spot at 1 am, how weird can I be? Ah, hormones!
Until my next blog-worthy post, hrhr!
Sunday, February 10, 2013
Saturday, February 09, 2013
It's the love month once again. I've been excited for this day for weeks already because our church has prepared a two part series entitled "Be Careful with My Heart". I had invited some friends to the said event and surprisingly, they said yes. :) It was a very fun experience. I felt like we were just all in the same age bracket which apparently is 18-20 years old, haha! There were games, food, live band (wherein I sang some lines of Apo's Panalangin with the vocalist, ehem!). It was a blast! Our spirits were all high, we were all laughing and singing and squealing.
Then came the part when Pastor Adrian talked and preached about what it is like to be careful with our hearts. Here are some verses to keep in mind:
Above all else, guard your heart,
for everything you do flows from it.
The heart is deceitful above all things
and beyond cure.
Who can understand it?
and beyond cure.
Who can understand it?
And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God.
Too many times in our lives, we had advised or were given an advice to follow our hearts, but you see, that very heart can deceive us, so instead, let us take responsibility on guarding it. Perhaps, it is not an easy thing to do, but hey, be courageous, it wouldn't hurt if you try. ;)
Have a heart that follows God. :)
So, I was listening to love songs earlier, and then out of the blue, Carl, my son said "Just pray to the Lord and He will give you true love."
Right on, baby! :D