Friday, December 21, 2012

The Accidental Side Dish

I was supposed to make crispy potato wedges, but then I can't achieve the golden brown that I want for my potatoes; there is also no sour cream powder available at the nearby grocery so I had to think of alternative ways so as not to end up throwing these babies away. I first thought of bacon, hmmm. Potatoes + bacon is without a doubt a perfect combination, but how about adding some garlic and butter? Well, that is something! Say hello to my accidental side dish which turned out to be everybody's favorite here at home that I had to make 3 batches of it in one day. Yaaayyy, bacon saved the day!!! :))



Oh, I am calling this baked buttered potatoes with bacon bits :D

Ingredients:

1 kg of potatoes (cut in wedges)
1/4 kg belly bacon (chopped into bits)
around 8 cloves of garlic (minced)
cooking oil
butter or Star margarine
salt
pepper

Procedures:
  1. Clean the potatoes and put it in a bowl of water
  2. Fry your bacon using butter until it is crispy already
  3. Preheat the other pan for your potatoes (oil should be enough for deep frying)
  4. Drain your potatoes
  5. Fry it
  6. Use paper towel to absorb the excess oil on the potatoes
  7. Since I do not have a baking oven, I am using our dependable oven toaster, switch it to 10
  8. In the toaster pan, evenly distribute the minced garlic, and spread a fair amount of butter into it
  9. Season with salt and pepper
  10. Place the potatoes on the pan and then bake it.
  11. Pour in the potatoes in a bowl, if you want it buttery you may then also add the butter that was left on the pan, and then sprinkle it with the bacon bits you fried earlier
  12. It's nomnomz time, but wait! The dip!
For the garlic mayo dip:

mayonnaise
minced garlic
  1. Simply mix the garlic and the mayo. :))


Heee, Mommy loved it so much! I can say  that day by day,  I am seeing the improvement of my cooking skills and I am so kilegz, haha! I shall try and then master kaldereta pretty soon!


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...