Hi! I am back with another potato+bacon+butter recipe which is pretty much like my accidental side dish, only this time it has cheese, and presentation wise, it looks more delish and I did some scooping and ugh, I hurt my left hand, so please be careful while taking out the insides of the potatoes. ;) Ok, I talk too much!
- Scrub the potatoes, wash it, cut it in half.
- Poke the potatoes with a fork so as the insides will be cooked as well.
- Deep fry the potatoes.
- While the potatoes are cooking. Fry your bacon using butter (because butter is tastier and uhm, yeah, it has more calories, but whatever! :))
- Separate your bacon for the stuffing and toppings. *wink wink*
- Use paper towels to absorb excess oil on the potatoes. Let it cool.
- Use a spoon to carefully scoop the insides of the potatoes. Reserve the ones that you had scooped for later, leaving about 1/4 of an inch of potato on the skin.
- Brush a fair amount of butter on the insides of the skin.
- For the stuffing, mash the potatoes that you had scooped earlier, bacon bits (with a fair amount of the butter that you used to fry it), and minced garlic. Mix everything.
- Season it with salt and pepper.
- In a toaster pan, evenly distribute the minced garlic, and spread a fair amount of butter into it.
- Stuff your potato skin with the mixture you had made.
- Top it off with cheese and bacon, and all the pretty things in the world.
- Bake it and since I do not have a baking oven, I am using our dependable oven toaster, switch it to 10.
- Drum roll, please.
- And voila, let the potato feast begin! :)