Sunday, January 06, 2013

Prayers and Thoughts on Falling in Love of a Single Mom

I had learned way before that when you pray, you pray for specific things. I cannot recall the last time I had prayed for that someone to come into my life and brush me off my feet, someone that the Lord has prepared for me, someone who will accept me for who I am, someone who will love Carlo as his own, someone whom I can walk hand in hand with in faith with the Lord, someone who will draw me closer not to him, but to God. I had stopped praying for those things. I had stopped because I felt like it shouldn't be a priority and it may sound as a cliché, but yeah, love can wait.

I had never taken being in love so seriously since time immemorial, not because I had been bruised and all, maybe, with age comes more patience? Maybe I had learned to master the art of waiting? Or maybe I am left with no choice at all? Friends told me that I deserve to love and be loved again. Yeah, I thought so. And today, after a long, long, long time, I realized that it would be nice to have someone by your side. It would be fun to cook for someone, to have movie nights with, to hang out in a bookstore with or just simply to love, and to hold.

It would take a brave man to pursue me, but I know he is just out there. I know like me, he is also waiting for our paths to cross. Maybe one day, in God's perfect time, all the years we had waited will be worth it. I think I should start praying for you again, be hopeful and be delighted in knowing that Jesus wants the best for me. :D



0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...