Thursday, November 22, 2012

Books Before Boys

When I was about 8 years old, I would always ask my parents to accompany me to National Bookstore whenever we are at the mall and there I would lurk around  shelves and shelves of books. Luckily, my dad was supportive of this new hobby and would buy me paperbacks instead of stuffed toys. I was so into Sweet Valley then, my classmates and I even had our version of the Unicorn Club, hihi. I don't know what came into me, that one day, I had sold all my copies at Recto for 5 pesos each and it was really not worth it, but I did it anyway! I can't even recall what I had bought out of the money that I got from those books, ah, maybe some goodies from Gift Gate?

I had rekindled my love for books in 2005, my cousin gave me some James Patterson novels and then when I had read all of it already, I started buying books again, little by little it's piling up and what a joy it is to see them grow bigger and bigger in numbers! And I swear, I would never, ever sell them at Recto again! Hahaha! But I intend to lend it to friends because books are meant to be shared! And it makes me giddy to talk to people about fictional characters as if they were true. The smell/sight of books excite me so much. It makes me happy that I can do splits and cartwheels, ok, course I kid! :p

Here are some photos of the treasures that I have:








and according to my son, I have 100 books already. :))

I know I had sworn to read the printed copy, I still do! But other than being a book lover, I am also a mom and a student, who watches over her budget all the time, and by this, I mean, I had come to love ebooks as well, it is handy and readily available on the net, for FREE! Here are the supplies that I have in my library now:
  1. The Art of Fielding, Chad Harbach
  2. Every Day, David Levithan
  3. Every You, Every Me, David Levithan
  4. The Lover's Dictionary, David Levithan
  5. Dash & Lily's Book of Dares, Rachel Cohn, David Levithan
  6. Harry Potter Series, J.K. Rowling
  7. The Causal Vacancy, J.K. Rowling
  8. The Happiness Project, Gretchen Rubin
  9. Keeping the Moon, Sarah Dessen
  10. Lock and Key, Sarah Dessen
  11. Along The Ride, Sarah Dessen
  12. An Abundance of Katherines, John Green
  13. Let It Snow, Lauren Myracle, John Green
  14. The Fault In Our Stars, John Green
  15. Looking For Alaska, John Green
  16. Paper Towns, John Green
  17. Love and Other Things I am Bad At, Catherine Clark
  18. Mr. Penumbra's 24 Hour Bookstore, Robin Sloan
  19. One Day, David Nicholls
  20. Big Boned, Meg Cabot
  21. She Went All The Way, Meg Cabot
  22. The Boy Next Door, Meg Cabot
  23. Starstruck, Lauren Conrad
  24. The Fame Game, Lauren Conrad
  25. The Alchemist, Paulo Coelho
  26. How To Kill A Rockstar, Tiffanie Debartolo
  27. Twenty Boy Summer, Sarah Ockler
  28. Why We Broke Up, Daniel Handler

If you wish to have copies of any of the books on the list, feel free to ask me and I will e-mail it to you immediately. :)

P.S. I am also on goodreads, let's be friends! ;)

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...