Saturday, July 09, 2011

my bed and Adler



Hai! It's a Saturday and I am busy doing (hopefully) my last report for the semester. I will be discussing about Alfred Adler and by far, he is already my favorite psychologist. No, I wouldn't tell you technical stuff about the structure of personality nor about the family constellations, I just wanna share some of the quotes that I came across to while I was engrossed going over his concepts and theories.
  • There is a law that man should love his neighbor as himself. In a few hundred years it should be as natural to mankind as breathing or the upright gait; but if he does not learn it he must perish.
  • God who is eternally complete, who directs the stars, who is the master of fates, who elevates man from his lowliness to Himself, who speaks from the cosmos to every single human soul, is the most brilliant manifestation of the goal of perfection.
  • A simple rule in dealing with those who are hard to get along with is to remember that this person is striving to assert his superiority; and you must deal with him from that point of view.
  • To be a human being means to possess feeling of inferiority which constantly presses towards its own conquest. The greater the feeling of inferiority that has been experienced, the more powerful is the urge for conquest and the more violent the emotional agitation.
  • It is always easier to fight for one´s principles than to live up to them.
  • Man knows more than he understands.
  • My difficulties belong to me!
So there, I think I should take a break from work and take a bath already. Lol, it's almost 4 and I am still in my pjs. Also, why did I not watch UAAP's opening ceremonies? Ugh!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...