Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Do you have that one shirt you’ve been keeping for so long?



This is my Megastar shirt. Cousin gave it to me in 2005; and whenever I wear it, I cry. I don’t know if it were just some kind of coincidental events, but really, it happened several times that I lost count already. Since then, we called it the Megastar-cryola-depress-depressan-shirt



See, it’s really worn out, color has faded already and it has holes on it as well but there’s something in it that I value so much, I’m a sucker for sentimental stuff. It was the shirt I had worn when I was going through the toughest time of my life, the shirt that had absorbed my tears in 2006; the shirt that I had sneezed on when tissue paper had ran out already; the very shirt that has been with me when friends weren’t there to give me a hug during my meltdown. LOL.
I texted my cousin before doing this; informing her that hey, I think it’s about time… it’s about time to let go of ze Megastar shirt and I just wanna let you know. It was like letting go a crazy, silly piece of us —the years that we had made fun of that shirt being so jinxed and me, getting through my depression days.
I had 5 glorious years with you, shirt, but yeah, it’s time to let go. So sad that mommy’s gonna make a rug out of you but still, you’re of use til the very end. Letting go is good, yes? It means something better will come along, read that, mommeh?


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...